Alongside the existing notes feature, you can include opt-ins for students. To do so,
- Click Organization on the main menu on the left.
- Click show underneath "Structured Participant Property Groups" (about halfway down the page).
- To create the appropriate Participant Structured Property Groups and items,
- Create a new group named "Participant Notes Informed Consent"
- In that group, select "checkbox" and click "Add Property Group Item." Type "ADMINISTRATIVE_NOTES_OPT_IN" for the Variable Name, and appropriate wording for the Prompt. Click "Create Participant Property Item."
- Then, click "Add Scale Value." For the Name type "VALUE" and enter in the appropriate wording for the label. Click "Create Participant Property Scale Value Item."
- Choose "horizontal" Display Type and then click "Use Display Type."
- Repeat steps 2-5 but replace "ADMINISTRATIVE_NOTE_OPT_IN" with "REFERRER_NOTES_OPT_IN" and "CLINICAL_NOTES_OPT_IN" for Variable Name (main item #3).
Here is an example of what it can look like on the participant edit page if you use the prompts of "Chosen-category Notes" and labels of "opted-in."
Once you have done this, contact us by clicking "submit a request" in the upper right-hand corner of this page. Let us know that you:
- Would like to use the notes opt-in feature.
- Whether you want to retroactively opt-in existing participants. If not, existing students will not be marked as opted in and you will not be able to see their notes.
- If future opt-ins will be manually updated, or will be automated in any form through BASICS Feedback (whether that is tied to notifications, a survey invitation, etc.).